Becoming a High School graduate opens up new opportunities – go to college, start a new career, earn more money. Even if you decide not to go on to college, your High School Diploma can qualify you for new career fields. Earning your High School Diploma is affordable and convenient. Since there is no set class schedule, you study when and where it’s convenient for you. You work at a pace that’s right for you, so there’s no one to rush you or hold you back. And while you work independently, you’re never alone. Expert instructors and support staff – dedicated to helping you complete your coursework – are just a phone call or an email away.
Prepare for your High School Diploma at home with these courses and more:
- Reading Skills, English, and General Math
- American History and World Geography
- Biology, Earth Science, and Physical Science
- Career-oriented electives like Auto Repair Technician, Personal Computer Specialist, and more…
- Academic electives like Chemistry, Spanish, and Music Appreciation
With Penn Foster High School, you can take our entire High School Program, or only take the courses that you need to fulfill the credit requirements to earn your diploma.
Affordable payment plans to meet your needs
- Credit available for each High School course you transfer to Penn Foster
- Low monthly payments
- 0% interest
- Books, study guides, and learning aids are included
To receive transfer credits, an official transcript from an accredited institution recognized by Penn Foster must be submitted for evaluation. Transfer credits will be awarded for comparable High School subjects where a full credit has been earned. Since High School programs vary, only an evaluation by Penn Foster will determine the actual number of transfer credits to be awarded. The maximum number of transfer credits allowed is 16.
Penn Foster High School offers concentrations in the following areas:
- Penn Foster also offers a Health-Care Focused High School program. Graduates earn their Diploma and study basic health care courses need to accelerate a career as a Medical Administrative Assistant, Medical Billing and Coding Professional, or Medical Transcriptionist.
- Penn Foster High School with Early College Courses offers students ACE evaluated and recommended college level courses transferable to Penn Foster College.
- Penn Foster offers a Building Technology-Focused High School program with elective courses for those interested in a career as a plumber, carpenter, or residential electrician.
- Penn Foster offers a High School Diploma with an Information Technology Concentration Program that is transferable to an Associate Degree in Computer Information Systems at Penn Foster College or technology career diploma programs at Penn Foster Career School.
Respected and Accredited
Penn Foster High School is accredited by Distance Education Accreditation Commission (DEAC). Penn Foster High School is regionally accredited for grades 9 through adult by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. The Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education Accreditation Council is also a recognized member of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster High School is licensed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Private Licensed Schools.
Career Services Included!
We’ve partnered with the career development expert, Career Cruising, to help students like you, do more with the skills that you have. You’ll get more than just job listings and resume tips. As soon as you enroll, you’ll get advice from read career experts, take quizzes to help you make choices, and create a customized profile online to capture your progress. We know that you want more than just a High School Diploma. Start using our career resources as soon as you enroll, and get a head start on your career.
Home School Requirements
Any student who is of compulsory age must also comply with home school requirements dictated by their school district, or students will be considered truant. You need to check the requirements of your district to ensure the Penn Foster High School program meets the district’s home school requirements.
Offers Diploma: Yes
Authority: Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
Fee Structure: By the program
Accepts adult and/or teen students?: Both
Type of program: Self-Paced
Year Founded: 1890
Email: [email protected]