The New Jersey State Library has begun to offer online courses via its Career Online High School. The program is a combination of traditional online learning along with specific career skills. The school uses curriculum supplied by Gale (a part of Cengage Learning).
The program includes a variety of career majors to support student learning. These majors include:
- Child Care and Education
- Certified Protection Officer
- Certified Transportation Services
- Office Management
- Homeland Security
- General Career Preparation/Professional Services
- Retail Customer Service Skills
- Food and Customer Service Skills
In addition to the typical high school curriculum, it also offers:
- Bi-weekly online seminars that focus on 21st Century skills;
- Monthly career webinars that prepare you for workplace realities and job markets; and
- Career portfolio lessons that include the development of a cover letter and resume.
The program is free of charge and is offered by the libraries in Camden County, Elizabeth, Long Branch, Scotch Plains, Somerset County, and Trenton.
Career Online High School is accredited by SACS CASI – AdvancED.